With over 25 years of experience in the legal field, Goldman Knightley Solicitors is your one-stop-service for all legal matters. The team at Goldman Knightley work on a no-win no-fee basis and will use their specialist legal knowledge to assist with any and all legal matters from driving offences to litigation matters.
For many, Goldman Knightley is the solicitors of choice for legal representation, and the team has already successfully won over 25,000 cases.
A national practice with traditional values, catering for all your legal needs.
The different aspects of Goldman Knightley (GK) meant that each branch of business needed to be considered separately, but all the different types of services that the legal team provides also had to have a familiar look when it comes to social media, advertising, and PR so that they can be recognised as one cohesive brand.
Once the main website had been redesigned and redefined, the digital team set about creating and populating distinct social media channels, which would then be grown organically and through paid advertising to get GK to the people who need it most; those who have a claim to make or a dispute to be settled.
The nature of this company meant that offline marketing would be just as important, for potential clients that may not have access to – or prefer not to use – social media and online methods of communication. For this reason, print advertising, advertorial, and editorial options were explored, contact lists procured (GDPR-compliant), PR material was created, and all necessary branded items such as internal stationery and external emblems and imaging was designed.
The Goldman Knightley team of experts can offer legal assistance for people who:
- have come to physical or psychological harm or injury:
- eg. been injured at work, in a car accident, through faulty goods, by trip or slip, during a crime, or due to medical negligence, either recently or historically
- been mis-sold a financial product:
- eg. bonds, PEPs, unit trusts, ISAs, SIPPs, and more
- have a holiday claim:
- eg. food poisoning, slips and trips, been hurt on an excursion, or come to harm due to negligence at your accommodation
- business disputes:
- problems with your employees or employer, contract discrepancies, financial agreements (or disagreements), or any other matter relating to trade, commerce, or business between various parties
- cavity wall insulation:
- when homeowners have been incorrectly advised, but the cavity wall ‘insulation’ has has acted as a bridge for wet weather to get inside, leaving internal walls damp and mouldy